Jio has already captured the majority of the wireless telecom sector in India. And JioFi device has a large number of the user base as it provides excellent speed at an affordable price without any requirement of a 4G enabled device. But, you should always upgrade JioFi firmware to the latest version as soon as it is launched. This can prevent various bugs and secure yourself or your network from hackers and unwanted usages. So, in this article, we will show you how you can upgrade JioFi firmware to the latest version easily and quickly.
Benefits Of Upgrading JioFi To Latest Firmware
Many of you might be still thinking, is it worth the time and effort? Well, hundred per cent! You should upgrade the firmware as soon as possible. Because there are multiple benefits to doing it. You might be suffering from some slow internet issue or some problems which you may not notice yet. But after the firmware upgrade, your JioFi device will be well equipped with the latest options and systems. So, do it quickly!
Below are some of the benefits of upgrading JioFi to latest firmware:
- Increased Internet Speed In Many Cases.
- More security from hackers and unwanted users.
- It will fix all the bugs in the previous firmware.
- Some users may notice increasement in network capture.
- Battery life may increase for some period.
- More features might get added to your JioFi device.
There might be other good changes as well which we are not thinking about now. Overall, just upgrade your JioFi to the latest firmware and enjoy more benefits and new features plus improved security and network capture power.
Preparation Before Upgrading JioFi Device
You can start the up-gradation process right away, but there are some pre-requirements which should be fulfilled before you get started. As it can take some time to delete the old firmware and install the new one, it may take some time. And in the meantime, if the battery gets down, what will happen? Anything unexpected can happen! So, before you start the JioFi firmware upgradation process, kindly, charge your JioFi device and make sure it is fully charged.
How To Download & Upgrade JioFi To Latest Firmware Easily?
Below we have listed all the steps to upgrade JioFi to the latest firmware. But before, getting started, please make sure that you have the default login details with you which was provided in the inner side of your JioFi device. It will be needed, because, once you have upgraded the firmware, your old credentials will be reset to factory defaults. Once these things are complete, follow the steps given below to do it:
- First of all, turn on the JioFi device.
- Let it connect with the Jio network.
- Now, open your computer and connect with the JioFi device through WiFi.
- Open a browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox into your PC.
- And then open this link > http://jiofi.local.html/index.html .
- Once the page is opened, enter your username and password.
- After logging in to the dashboard, go to Menu > Settings > Firmware Upgrade.
- In the “Device Software Version” field, you will be able to see the current JioFi 2/3 firmware version.
- Now, click on the “Browse” button from the “Software Upgrade” section and choose the location where JioFi firmware is available and select.
- After selecting, install the firmware by clicking on the “Apply” button given there.
- Now it will take some time to install the newly downloaded latest JioFi firmware. Once the upgrade is done, it will reboot automatically.
- Once that is complete, factory reset the device to get back the factory settings.
- Then you can modify the settings according to your needs.
Finally, the upgrade process will the done, and now you can enjoy all the benefits and turn on the JioFi and connect it with your devices to access the internet and enjoy other services of the JioFi modem.
Hope you guys have successfully upgraded JioFi to the latest firmware. If you still have any question, ask it in the comments section below. We will try to answer you as soon as we can! You can buy JioFi Wifi Router at a discount price by visiting here.