JioFi, introduced by Mukesh Ambani owned company Reliance Jio is one of the most money efficient wireless broadband modem available currently in India. Though using a JioFi device is very simple, just turn on and connect. But, still, JioFi comes with a lot of settings such as router login, password, network settings, etc. So, it is obvious that, sometime, we may set the wrong settings accidentally. In that case, the only way is none but hard reset JioFi to restore default factory settings. So, in this article, we are going to describe the whole process by which you can easily reset your JioFi modem to restore factory settings.
When Should We Reset JioFi Modem?
Basically, JioFi modem comes with a lot of configuration and settings which can be accessed and changed by visiting JioFi.Local.Html while you are connected to the JioFi modem via WiFi or data cable. Now, the thing is, JioFi comes with its default login username and password along with WiFi Network name and password. And all of us know that everyone should change the default username and passwords for WiFi and JioFi device settings dashboard as soon as possible to make the whole network secure. This also prevents any unwanted or unauthorised users from accessing your WiFi network and thus help you to stay away from hackings of your accounts and data circulated via the WiFi network.
So, sometimes, we just change the settings without knowing what we are doing, and then the device stops working, or the internet connection or network coverage is fully gone. Sometimes, we also forget our passwords. And if you lost your password for the JioFi device configuration dashboard, you will not be able to change anything such as your WiFi name, password, etc. In this situation, you need to reset your JioFi modem to restore default factory settings. Then you can again enter the default username and password provided with the device and login to JioFi dashboard.
How to Hard Reset JioFi Modem | Forgotten Password?
So, you have already decided to hard reset your JioFi modem? That’s Ok! And it’s the best way to get back the default settings and modify it again according to your need. Just follow the steps given below, and it will hard reset your JioFi modem within few minutes:
- First of all, turn on the JioFi Modem device.
- Uncover the modem and see inside.
- Near the WPS Buttons, you will see a Reset button.
- If you did not find it there, search in other places of the device.
- The reset button is very tiny. So, use a pin to press it.
- Press and hold for around half a minute until the LED indicator starts blinking.
- After blinking for several times, your JioFi modem will reboot.
- And that’s it. After the reboot, your JioFi now has the default factory settings.
- Just connect the router with your mobile, tablet or computer.
- Open the browser and open jiofi.local.html
- Enter the default username and password for both – administrator.
- You will get access to the JioFi router settings page.
- From here you can again make changes to the settings according to your requirements.
Hope you have successfully hard reset your JioFi modem to default factory settings. If you are facing any problem resetting your JioFi device or if you have any other questions related to this matter, kindly comment down below, and we will get back to you as soon as we can!