Jio has launched fiber based fixed-line broadband named “Jio Giga Fiber” to provide high-speed connections to consumers. The registration process for Giga Fiber connection has started. After successful registration, your internet connection will be established via a router called “Jio Giga Router”. So let’s discuss a few details about the router such as Jio Fiber login page, the role of 192.168.29.1 IP address and the steps for changing SSID and password.
India is currently number two internet using country in the world after China. India crossed the internet using the giant USA which is huge. From 2000 to 2017 internet user growth rate in the USA was 227% whereas the rate in India was 9142%, which is just unimaginable. All this internet growth has happened in India due to only one reason which is Jio, they provided data for free at first after that at a very low cost. Jio revolutionized telecom sector and internet growth in India. Now Jio is targeting to create a boom in broadband internet sector also because in term of broadband user India is still at its infancy stage.
What is Jio Giga Fiber Router?
It is a router which will manage your broadband internet connections with all your devices, for example, your PC, laptop, mobile etc. The Giga Router is capable of giving speeds up to 1GB per second. It also powers Jio GigaTV which is another service of Jio. This router can handle 44 devices simultaneously and it is a dual-band router. This means you can use this router at 2.5 GHz or at 5 GHz, where 2.5 GHz provides long-range and low speed and 5 GHz provide short-range and high-speed wifi connections.
Jio Fiber Login
The Login IP address, username and default password needed to access the router are given below.
IP Address: 192.168.29.1
User Name: admin
How to Change Password & SSID of Giga Router?
- Turn your device on and connect your device to the router
- Now copy & paste 192.168.29.1 (or Click Here) into your web browser (For more details visit 192168291.com)
- Then enter your username and password to access the homepage. Remember if you never changed your username and password it will be same as mentioned above.
- After entering the homepage, go to the left panel and click on Network> Navigate to the Wireless.
- Now, on the right side, you have to select the Profiles tab and then Long-Press or Right-click on the network name.
- You will see Wireless Profiles Configurations screen where you can change Router SSID and password
- Finally, save the settings by clicking the Save button.
How to Change Router Login Portal Username & Password?
- Once you login to the admin page using default credentials, you have to head over to the Administration > Users section.
- Choose user type as admin before changing the password.
- Now, right-click or long-press on “admin” under User Name and change as per your choice.
- Set a new password to replace default password i.e. Jiocentrum.
- After a few seconds, you will be automatically logged out.
- Now, you can log in to the portal using newly created credentials.
Why You Should Change the Router Default Password?
To be safe it always recommends changing your default password. Because if any person in the router range wants to access your router and your Username and password if default he can access your network and hack your network and access your devices which are connected to that router. So always change your default password to a strong password.
How to Reset Jio Giga Router?
- It’s very easy, firstly, look at the backside of the Router.
- You will see ports and buttons such as USB port, LAN port, a WPS button, a power button etc.
- Search for a small reset button under the WPS button.
- Now press the reset button for more than 10 seconds.
- That’s it; your Router will be reset successfully or back to its factory settings.