Currently, India is one of the fastest growing countries all over the World in terms of internet penetration. One of the major reason behind it is the launch of Reliance Jio. Not only the prepaid and postpaid service, but Jio also has a broadband modem known as JioFi with built-in WiFi connectivity. Many people are using it, but there is an issue with this which is accessing the JioFi.Local.Html page. You must access this address JioFi.Local.Html to log in to JioFi modem correctly and get access to all the functions of your JioFi router cum modem device. So, here we are exactly explaining the actual process of accessing JioFi.Local.Html page using your JioFi modem. Without further do, let’s get started!
What Is JioFi.Local.Html?
When you buy a modem or router, it comes with a lot of functions to configure it correctly. But as the device comes with minimal design and details & none of the manufacturer can provide every configuration with physical buttons on the device. So, JioFi modem device also comes with a user interface where you can access all the options and settings of your JioFi device using an internet browser from your smartphone, tablet, desktop or laptop.
Why We Need It?
And this JioFi.Local.Html is exactly the address to access that interface to access modem and wifi router settings. Actually, all the data of this interface are stored into the JioFi modem itself. You just need to turn on the JioFi and then connect your accessing device (phone, tablet or computer) to your JioFi device via its built-in WiFi hotspot. Once you are connected, you can open any internet browser such as Chrome, FireFox, Opera, Microsoft Internet Explorer and access the modem and router settings using JioFi.Local.Html. If still, you are not understanding what we are saying, just keep reading this article, and we have shown the actual process of using JioFi.Local.Html to access your modem and router settings on your mobile or computer.
Which Modem Settings Will You Get Using JioFi.Local.Html?
You will get almost every settings that comes with the JioFi or any other ordinary wired or wireless modem and router devices such as change interface accessing password, change Wifi hotspot password, change Wifi hotspot name and range settings, Network Management options, Internet Protocol Quality Of Service Settings (IP QoS), Domain Name System Settings (DNS), Proxy Settings, Local Area Network Settings (LAN), Wide Area Network Settings (WAN), Security Settings such as WPA, WPS, WPA2, Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet Settings (PPPoE), Media Access Control Settings (MAC), Wi-Fi Protected Setup Settings known as WPS, Digital Subscriber Line Settings also popularly known as DSL, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Settings also known as DHCP Protocol Settings for Modem and Router devices.
Access JioFi Login Page from JioFi.Local.Html
The only key to access such various settings on your JioFi router cum modem device is this JioFi.Local.Html. But there is also an alternative which is the IP (Internet Protocol) address 192.168.1.1. Basically, both are same, you can access any of these, and these addresses will take you to your JioFi modem’s settings page where you just need to login by providing your user id and password (Credentials).
Useful Read: Upgrade JioFi Firmware to Latest Version
Once you are in, you can change or configure all these settings for your JioFi device at one place. But make sure that you are connected to your JioFi device via Portable WiFi Hotspot feature of JioFi router. Otherwise, if you are connected to the internet via mobile cellular data or any other WiFi modem, then accessing via the IP address 192.168.1.1 will take you to the configuration page of that modem, or it may not open at all. So, before you access any of these addresses by using any Internet Browser, make sure that your JioFi device is turned on and you have connected the device with your JioFi via WiFi. Only then you will get the actual JiFi Login page to configure all the settings, WiFi Hotspot Name and WiFi Passwords.
How To Use JioFi.Local.Html To Configure JioFi Modem?
- First of all, turn your JioFi Modem on and wait for the WiFi Hotspot signal.
- Then unlock your smartphone or Tablet or turn on your computer.
- Turn on the WiFi in your device.
- You will find the WiFi provided by the JioFi device.
- Just connect to it by providing the default WiFi password.
- Or if the WiFi network is not secured and already open, you can connect directly without entering any password.
- Once you are connected to the JioFi device properly, launch an Internet browser such as Chrome, FireFox, Opera or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Type this address on the address bar of your browser and hit enter – http://jiofi.local.html/
- Or if you are using a JioFi Dongle instead of normal JioFi, then enter – http://jiodongle.local.html/
- Within a second, the JioFi Login screen will appear in the screen.
- Now you need to enter the default username and password (if you have not changed or modified it yet) which is “administrator” for both fields.
- Then click on the Login button, and it will take you to the JioFi Settings & Configuration page.
- To change your WiFi Name, go to Dashboard > Settings > WiFi > Network Name (SSID) > Enter your desired WiFi Name here > Done.
- To change the password of your WiFi network, go to Dashboard > WiFi > Password > Enter new password here > Done.
- If you also want to change the default username, go to Dashboard > Settings > User Management > Change Username > Enter your desired username > Done.
After making any of these changes, make sure to note them down anywhere. Because if you forget any of these, you will not be able to access the JioFi Login Dashboard or connect to the WiFi Network. Hope that will not happen, but if that happens, you will need to long press the reset button given on the JioFi device itself and then repeat these steps. If you have any further problem to use your JioFi modem or accessing the JioFi.Local.Html just comment down in the comment section provided below. We will surely look into your problem and try to give a solution as soon as we can.